Certified Protection Officer Instructor
Certified Protection Officer Instructors are individuals who teach the Certified Protection Officer (CPO)Program or a portion thereof. CPOI’s are Certified Protection Officers who have made a significant professional commitment toward advancing themselves as teachers, researchers, mentors and leaders. They are instructors, professors, consultants and supervisors. Certified Protection Officer Instructors teach various topics relating to security and asset protection. They advance the objectives of the IFPO within their respective areas of employment.
Being designated as a Certified Protection Officer Instructor is a noteworthy achievement. It is a significant career milestone.
If you are interested in becoming a Certified Protection Officer Instructor, click here to view the IFPO Enrollment Application.
Candidates for the designation must meet the following qualifications:
- Current designation as a Certified Protection Officer (CPO).
- Membership in the International Foundation for Protection Officers.
- Five years teaching experience or equivalent
- One year full time security experience (part-time requires two years). The experience listed by the candidate must indicate they were completely or primarily responsible for the protection of assets (Security, Crime Prevention or Loss Prevention). Law enforcement or investigative experience in and of itself will not suffice to fulfill this requirement. Candidate should specify job titles and responsibilities. All relevant experience should be listed on the application.
- Post-secondary education at some level must be documented. This can be college courses or other substantial instruction in any subject given by a corporate, military, governmental or educational organization covering forty (40) or more hours. Courses in communications, supervision, leadership, etc. are all examples of post-secondary education.
Click here to upload these pre-requisite materials.
A waiver of the above requirements can be granted with a letter outlining the circumstance for your request. The letter shall be from a first line supervisor or higher.
NOTE: ISP does not require individuals to complete any course in order to sit for the certification exam. Any individual who feels he or she has the experience or knowledge and meets the prerequisites may challenge the exam. After applying to take the final assessment, you will be asked to provide proof that you meet the prerequisites for the challenge.
Candidates may request and apply for certification reciprocity through an evaluation process.
Candidates who successfully pass the certification assessment will hold a valid credential for two years from the date of issue.
Job Task Analysis (JTA)
A Job Task Analysis is a systematic definition of the components of work and essential knowledge, skill, and other abilities at the level required for competent performance in a profession, occupation, or role. Job Task Analysis is a process by which to discover, understand, and describe the work that people in a profession, occupation, or role do. A Job Task Analysis identifies and describes in detail particular duties and requirements as well as the relative importance of these duties. JTA refers to a general family of methods that includes role delineation, function analysis, practice analysis, and task analysis, along with variations that depend on the purpose of the study and nature of the work to be investigated. Subject matter experts were used for development of the JTA. A Subject Matter Expert is a person with documented expertise in a profession, occupation, or role whose input into the development and validation of assessment instruments helps to ensure validity.
Click Here for this Job Task Analysis
The ISP blueprint addresses all the critical characteristics needed to construct and administer the examination which allows candidates to show knowledge and cognitive skills required to perform the tasks typically required of an entry-level professional. An ISP blueprint is used to produce high-quality forms of the examination that are equivalent across time. Blueprint are designed and evaluated by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
Click Here for This Blueprint